Sunday, July 25, 2010

Closing in on Canada after Chicago

There are a number of these interesting looking old farm buildings along Route 30 in Iowa. Off in the distance you can seee a few of the many many wind turbines that dot the countryside.


Fields in Iowa; corn as far as the eye can see.

Major tragedy in Chicago. Part of the movie set for Terminator 3 that's being filmed in the heart of the city.


The Congress Hotel on Soth Michigan were I stayed from Friday evening to this morning. A great location from whch to visit the Art Institute of Chicago, other downtown sights, and attend a concert last night with Bill and Chris, friends of Chuck and Lynn, in Millenium Park.
The weather today is sunny and hot. After a bit of confusion getting out of Chicago, I am now well on my way to U S - Canada border. I've just driven through Kalamazoo; a place I had to see because I know a girl from here. Traffic on I-94 is not very heavy and with a posted speed limit of 70 mph I am making decent time.


No comments:

Post a Comment