Friday, June 21, 2024

Killington to Concord New Hampshire and to Granby (with an explanation)

 On Thursday I rode from Killington Vermont to Concord, a nice enough ride, particularly Vermont Route 100 to Wilmington. The view from the lookout at the Hogback Mountain Store, is spectacular.



Continuing my habit of visiting state capital buildings I did a self tour of the New Hampshire’s in Concord  this morning.  It is ‘’the nation’s oldest state house in which the legislature still occupies its original chamber’’. The three pictures show the front of the capital building with a replica of Liberty Bell, the Senate Chamber, and the state assembly.




And now for an explanation of why I am in Granby tonight. I received a call from Jane this morning informing me that my older brother Gilles who was hospitalized about a week ago, had taken a turn for the worse. He had been moved to the ICU and things were not looking well. I decided then and there, to cut my ride short and return to Orléans and from there drive to Sudbury with Jane. Hopefully we’ll make it there in time to see him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment