Tuesday, July 4, 2023

“Welcome home.” - “Thank you, it’s nice to be back!”

 My exchange with the nice CBSA agent yesterday at the Thousand Islands Bridge border crossing pretty much sums up my emotions. It is always great to be able to go on my Retirement Rides and discover parts of America, that immense continent that we are so fortunate to live on. But its even a greater joy to be able to return to “Canada our home and native land”. 

Once I have had the time to compile some of the statistics I will post a last entry in this year’s blog. But for now here are a few quick facts. I was away from home for 31 days and covered 9,357 kilometres. I stayed in 23 different hotels/motels and two private residences. I don’t know why but I saw far fewer motorcycles on the road than during previous trips, some days none. Weather-wise there were only a few really nice riding days; otherwise it was either WET, sometimes quite so, or HOT, often blazing heat-warnings hot. 

I have memories a plenty, including particularly wonderful ones when Jane was able to join me in Colorado and New Mexico, and I look forward to sharing some with friends and family members in the days and months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment