Sunday, July 2, 2023

Did I miss the memo?

 With the exception of the four Harley riders that I saw at breakfast at the hotel where I stayed last night, I did not see another bike over the 6 hours and 338 kilometres I travelled today between Conneaut Ohio, a small city west of Erie, and Webster New York, an eastern suburb of Rochester.  Maybe it was the steady rain that did not let up throughout the journey, or maybe it was because it was Sunday and all the bikers were at Sunday services after their Saturday rally rides. I overheard one of the aforementioned bikers at breakfast say to the others that she had not packed any rain gear for their trip; since it sounded like they had some distance to cover that was a mistake!

The route I followed which avoided major highways took me through the wine country that extends through many counties in upstate Pennsylvania and New York. There are miles after miles of vineyards and many wineries, including the Johnson Estate Winery that claims to be the oldest in America.

Here’s hoping that the rain will stop long enough for me to walk to a local restaurant for dinner and that it will hold off for tomorrow’s last leg of this year’s major motorcycle trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment